News and Updates
If anyone missed registration, the forms for the club dues are below. they can be mailed to po box 145 or dropped of at highland school for erica.
Please also be sure to go to park and rec and get their fees taken care of.
any questions, contact erica- email@example.com
ICE SHOW REMINDERS
Thursday, March 5th– Rehearsal starts at 5:00 P.M. in the Event rink.
Friday, March 6th – DRESS REHEARSAL starts at 5:00 P.M. in the Event rink. Be sure you have your tights and costumes on. EVERYONE ARRIVE AND BE READY. ALL SKATERS WILL TAKE A GROUP PHOTO RIGHT AT 5 PM.
For the Dreams on Ice Shows- SATURDAY 6 P.M. & SUNDAY 2 P.M- DOORS OPEN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO SHOW START TIME-NOT BEFORE
· PLEASE WEAR SOME MAKE-UP – BLUSH, EYEMAKEUP AND LIPSTICK – THIS WILL BRIGHTEN UP YOUR SKATER’S FACE WHEN THEY ARE ON THE ICE.
· BE SURE TO TAKE ALL SKATERS TO THE RESTROOM BEFORE BRINGING THEM TO THEIR LOCKER ROOM.
· PLEASE MAKE SURE SKATES ARE TIED TIGHT AND LACES ARE TUCKED IN.
· DO NOT WEAR BOBBY PINS. THEY ARE A HAZARD FOR SKATERS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY FALL OUT OR A SKATER FALLS WITH THEM IN.
· GET PLENTY OF REST AND DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS – IT’S A BUSY 4 DAYS.
· BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER.
· REPORT TO THE ASSIGNED LOCKER ROOM. PLEASE STAY TOGETHER WITH YOUR GROUP OR LET THE PARENT IN CHARGE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING. PARENT IN CHARGE POSTERS WILL BE HUNG IN EACH LOCKER ROOM. ONCE SKATERS ARE DONE SKATING, PLEASE GO TO LOCKER ROOM TO GET YOUR SKATER OR IF YOU SIGNED THE COSTUME FORM, THEY WILL COME TO YOU.
· IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ORDERING THE DREAMS ON ICE SHOW DVD’S, ORDER FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE.
· TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY DURING REHEARSAL AT THE TABLE SET UP. T-SHIRTS CAN BE PICKED UP ON THURSDAY AS WELL.
· REMINDER THAT YOU MUST BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES ON SUNDAY. ALL COSTUMES MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CHAIRMOM FOR YOUR GROUP ON SUNDAY BY 4:30 P.M. OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED $50 FROM THE CLUB AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SKATE NEXT SEASON IF THEY ARE NOT RETURNED OR DUES PAID.
***ABOVE ALL – SMILE AND HAVE FUN –
YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR AND NOW IT’S TIME TO SHOW EVERYONE YOUR LOVE FOR SKATING!!!***
Monday, February 24- Due to the all district band concert grades 5-12 tonight at the High School, we will NOT be having the opening number practice or Glistening Edge practice today. The ice may be used for ice show special numbers or open figure from 7:45- 9:15 PM this evening.
ALL OTHER PRACTICES ARE ON AS NORMAL THIS EVENING.
Next week, we would like the Opening number skaters to be at practice on Monday evening and then we are adding another practice on Thursday and Friday from 4:30-5 PM (right before our ice show run through and dress rehearsal.)
Thanks for your understanding and support. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thanks much! Erica
Feb. 12- All classes are cancelled due to the blizzard conditions and freezing temps. Stay safe and warm!
Here are the upcoming important dates and times. Please put them on your calendars.
Dec. 14th- Exhibition: Any skaters or small groups interested in doing the exhibition, please let me know ASAP. Thanks much!
Here are some important dates to add to your calendars.
Nov. 25 -Dec. 2- Learn to Skate and USFSA testing for group placement following the Learn to Skate Report cards.
Dec. 2nd – Dec. 9th- Costumes handed out at classes if skaters have paid their $60 CFSC fee. (This fee is different than the park and rec fees.)
Dec. 4th- Ice Show Special Number Tryouts 7-8:30 PM. High Freestyle Classes combined from 8:45-9:30 PM.
Dec. 14- 7 PM- Exhibition & Skating Party- Everyone is welcome!!! Bring the family and enjoy some skating.
Dec. 16- Picture Night- PICTURE SCHEDULE:
5:00 P.M.- Basic 1-
5:10 P.M.- Basic 2-
5:15 P.M.- Basic 3 & 4-
5:20 P.M.- Basic 5 & 6-
5:30 P.M.- Crystal Edge/Intro to Synchro
5:40 P.M.- Ice Dancing- Beginning and Advanced
5:55 P.M.- Pre-Freeskate
6:00 P.M.- Glistening Edge
6:05P.M.- Sparkling Edge
6:10 P.M.- Freestyle 1 & 2
6:15 P.M.- Freestyle 3 & 4
6:20 P.M.- Freestyle 5 & 6
6:25- P.M.- High Freestyle 1
6:30 P.M.- Moms, Pops and Tots (Boys wear what you want)
6: 45 P.M.- High Freestyle 2
6:50- Solos, Feature, Duets, Trio and Quartet
6:55 P.M.- Boy/Girl
7:00 P.M.-Senior Number
March 5 – Ice Show Run Through 5 PM
March 6- Dress Rehearsal 5 PM
March 7 & 8 - Ice Show- Saturday at 6, Sunday at 2
Skaters are going to assessed to the USFSA/Learn to Skate report cards this week. Attached you will find the report cards.
Also a reminder to those in synchro that you should follow the schedule for Crystal/Intro and Sparkling Edge beginning tonight. (Please see teams and times below.)
UPDATED Monday Schedule-
4:30-5:00- Basic 1
5:00-5:30- Basic 2
5:30-6:00- Crystal Edge/Intro to synchro
6:00-6:15- Ice Resurface
6:15-6:45- Basic 4
6:45-7:15- Basic 5 & 6
7:15-8:00- Sparkling Edge
8:00-9:00- Glistening Edge
Below are the list of skaters and the teams and times in which they should come to practice starting on Monday, November 25th. If I am missing your child for the Intro/Crystal or Sparkling Edge, please let me know ASAP. Thanks! Any questions let me know.
Intro/Crystal: Monday from 5:30-6:00
Cora Prudhomme Shane
Sparkling Edge: Mondays from 7:15-8:00
The seasons has started! This years Crookston Figure Skating Club registration form is attached above. This year the fee will be $60 which will cover the cost of THE LEARN TO SKATE FEE, USFSA and/or Basic Skills Dues, costume rental fee, and other skater expenses.
This means that we DO NOT want you to sign up for Learn to Skate on your own. We will take care of it from now on. Hopefully this makes this easier for you.
Any questions or concerns, please let us know.